For years now, I have used this humble egg recipe especially for breakfast but also for lunches and simple dinners. The recipe is super flexible and you will be surprised how easy it is…
Before I tell you how to do it, I want to give you some history:
When I went to Egypt as a child one of my strongest memories is the amazing omelette-bar from our hotel breakfast. The beach, the sun, the people were nice too of course but what really stuck with me was the excitement of going up to the man in a white chef´s hat and then get the freedom to point at bowls with different condiments that he then magically transformed into a mouth watering omelette in no time!
When I got home I realised that this man was a genius and that the recipe was really super simple! The basic idea is that you take two eggs, whisk them up and then add whatever you like. However, over the years I have
You will need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2-1 dl shredded cheese of your liking
- Salt & black pepper
- Olive oil
- Chopped vegetables, ham, onion or whatever you feel like having in your omelette!
- A splash of milk
And here is what you do:
- Start with cracking two eggs in a bowl and add a splash of milk
- Add cheese and a pinch of salt and black pepper
- Now the fun starts! – Add whatever you would like/ whatever you have in your fridge and whisk until everything is mixed together.
(This particular morning I chose to chop asparagus, spring onion, ham, fresh parley)
- Heat some oil in a pan and when it is hot, pour in you egg-mix and after about a minute or two, flip your omelette until it is cooked through. DONE!